Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Interesting day

My favorite time to be naked is when I'm swimming. I swam in the Hinesburg river today and all I wanted to do was be completely alone, strip, and swim! Bodies feel amazing in mountain water, slick and smooth and warm... I wanted the sun to stay above my waterhole all day and night and set just as I decided it was time to leave and make dinner. Sadly I arrived so late with my brother after work I had only about an hour to swim (and obviously not get naked!)

It reminded me though how good it feels to have skin and a body that I'm happy to see and feel--and in the water it was accentuated by 1000x. Despite everything I went through, and still go through, I can swim at the end of my day and enjoy my body. It takes hurtles and hurtles to get comfortable in your own skin, and I have found that swimming makes people feel beautiful. Seeing your legs dangle in front of you, the shine on your arms from the water, and skin is so smooth its just plain delicious. Wonderful.

Although this is not directly related--I know spiritually and mindfully that river water will always,always,always be a fantastic treatment for any skin concerns. Remove the makeup and swim! Allow the water to soak every inside, and when you're finished swimming, wear your naked face all day and night. When we aren't in stress, when we are feeling one hundred percent beautiful, internally our body relaxes, blood circulation is no longer directed towards the pain but rather evens its course, hitting the face last with nutrients and vitamins it needs to stabalize. Consider reading about what stress does internally sometime-- the effects are like a virus running through our body, its scary.

(Just wait until winter comes people, my happy thoughts will vanish!)

No comments:

Post a Comment