Monday, July 12, 2010

The Beginning

About a month ago I interviewed for the esthetician position at a spa in Woodstock that I never thought I would get. I was brand new out of school, without experience, raw with knowledge of the "real" industry and an amateur. But I'm never shy to interview--in fact I love to interview. I drove an hour and a half listening to my sister's band Reggae Rockers with my mother and step dad and somehow knew, before I had even arrived, that I was going to get this job. Why wouldn't I, I suddenly kept asking. I am competent--I know what is necessary and beyond--and I knew the skin line I would be working with, Dr. Hauschka. The job suddenly seemed so attainable that when we drove into Woodstock I immediately looked around and saw myself eating at the Alechante cafe, walking by the Woodstock cafe every morning for coffee--
I realize this is a lot of information at once, but this is hardly the important part.
What is important is that two hours after I left the interview, I was offered the position.
And it began.
As of now, I am a week away from the start date and I can't be more excited. I want to share what I do, and learn, and offer help to anybody and everybody so I can begin to reach out further than my treatment room. That is what begins here. It will be crazy and sporadic because I am an unfocused writer, but I promise to always be interesting.

(And if further interested, First Impressions Salon in Woodstock is having a grand re-opening on beautiful Central St in the beautiful stone house right as you enter town. Come see me for facials, body treatments, waxing, anything regarding body skin in August!)

No comments:

Post a Comment